Alternative Capital for SMEs. Investment opportunities for SMSF
R & D rebate funding | For profitable unlisted Australian companies | Debt capital to $5 million
Are you looking for non-bank and alternative channels of raising capital and funding for your business growth?
Then seek out alternative capital sources via peer-to-peer lending through debt / equity funding connecting with private lenders, professional investors and significant investment visa applicants.
Are you looking to diversify your SMSF through alternative secure investments with high returns?
Alternative Capital for Australian SMEs
Alternative Capital and Investment Trends
- Innovation in new sources of investment have emerged over the last decade in the wake of the GFC and tightening of bank lending to small business.
- Advances in technology and the universal development of mobile apps have enabled ‘Fintech’ origination have opened up global access to alternative capital.
- Global growth in entrepreneurship, its eco-systems and governments embracing innovation have seen a huge demand for startup capital.
- Companies are choosing to remain private longer before listing publicly. The global rise of the ‘unicorn’ where private VC-backed companies valued at $1 billion+.
- Private investors willing to take higher risks to secure higher returns. Online access to global markets and corporations allow a spread of risk.
- Marketplace lending offers a new wave of non-bank, tech focused short-term loans to business and consumers clients. Unsecured business loans, merchant cash advances and invoice trading have seen massive growth over the last decade.
- The fundamental driver has been a decline in bank lending to SME’s, triggered by the GFC and increased regulatory banking requirements to hold more cash.
- Global regulators have slowly ‘come around’ to meet the demand for new sources of alternative capital via online crowdfunding and marketplace platforms.
- Emerging markets such as China and India as new hubs for global venture capital and providers of online alternative capital. China is the world’s largest online alternative capital market, registering $101.7 billion (or RMB 638.79 billion) in 2015. This represents almost 99% of the total volume in the Asia Pacific region.
How does Alternative Capital work?
Get in touch with us via this page or call to discuss your alternative capital requirements.
Send us your Pitch deck or IM for evaluation and pre-approval to secure equity or debt finance.
Discuss qualifying criteria and options for alternative capital or investment relevant to risk and appetite.
Review of company, financials, terms, pricing, security offered if required.
Review finance proposal with offer, terms and conditions for acceptance.
Finance settlement or execution of SME Bond. Registration of security if required.